Last Thursday, I hosted the first Science Common Core Cafe! Thank you to the teachers that attended. The topic was Saving the Earth one unit at a time. I presented information about the California Education and Environment Initiative, which provides free, project-based units for K-12 Science and Social Science classrooms. The website offers on-demand webinars to train teachers how to use the units and adapt them to meet the needs of your students. To view the units they offer, click here and explore all the components shipped directly to you (student workbooks, annotated dictionaries, map posters, word wall cards, teachers editions, alignment to CCSS and NGSS). There is no limit on the number of units you can order and student consumables can be reordered for future years.
How to Order:
1. Watch one of the On Demand webinars
2. Email EEI@calrecycle.ca.gov and tell them which webinar you watched.
3. They will respond asking which 2 free units you would like to start with.
4. They will ship you 2 units.
5. After you teach one of the units, complete the online survey and order another unit.
6. Repeat this process until you have all the units you want!