This week is a good time to remind your students of your Classroom/Teamwork Guidelines. If you have not already done so, try making a poster with expectations (such as those listed below) and post it in a prominent location for all to see and reference.
- No talking outside your team.
- Discuss questions with your team before calling the teacher over.
- Within your team, keep your conversation on math.
- You must try to help anyone in your study team who asks.
- Helping your teammate does not mean giving answers. Help by giving hints and asking good questions.
- Explain and justify your ideas; give statements and reasons.
- No one alone is as smart as all of us together. Do not leave anyone behind or let anyone work ahead. Your team is not done until everyone is done.
- Clear off tables (or desks) before getting to work so you can see everyone’s paper.
- You must use study team voices.